Friday, October 7, 2011

A dream fulfilled by a baseball card

Every kid who is into baseball cards have that hero they admire. Every kid who got into baseball cards have that one card they have always wanted. They don't realize the sticker price on that baseball card they want so badly so when they hear their mother's reply in shock "no way are you spending that much money on a baseball card" their heart sinks a little.
They dream of owning that baseball card one day, they dream about that player. So they collect the modern cards of their heroes and work backwards hoping that when they grow up they can afford the one their parents said no to. Welcome to my dream card


A 1968 Topps Nolan Ryan rookie card.
No its not the most expensive card in all of baseball card history. But its my hero, I grew up idolizing Nolan Ryan, the ruggedness, the toughness and the way he pitched. This was a man that threw fastballs in the high 90's towards the end of his career, had nearly 6,000 strikeouts and was not afraid to go out and beat the crap out of Robin Ventura.
This is my dream card, and after nearly 20 years of baseball card collecting I can proudly say. I own a Nolan Ryan rookie card. Maybe one day I will get an upgrade of it but right now I'm satisfied with my card.

No comments:

Post a Comment